DALLAS, Oct 18, 2010 / FW/ — Back in March, Gilt brought to its members a beautifully hand-picked selection of merchandise for its “Wedding Weekend” sale held in collaboration with Martha Stewart Weddings.
Among those who shopped, one of them loved the sale a little more than the rest – Devoted Gilt member Ashley Monts from Dallas.
After contacting customer support to get tailoring advice for her newly purchased Emanuel Ungaro gown, she emailed to thank the Gilt staff for her total ‘Gilt Wedding.’
After a little investigating, Gilt found that Ashley not only purchased her wedding gown on Gilt, but she also scored her groom’s cufflinks (Jan Leslie), her reception dress (Hervé Léger), her bridal shoes (Christian Louboutin), her bridal jewelry (Charriol) and a clutch (Halston) for the big day. Even her thank-you cards came from Gilt.
Therefore, in tandem with its second Wedding event, Gilt Groupe is looking for the next Gilt Bride!
Open to all Gilt Groupe members, the “Gilt Bride” contest gives brides to be a chance to win her dream honeymoon worth $5,000. To enter one must upload their favorite picture of themselves and their betrothed with a paragraph explaining how they would make their wedding Gilt fabulous.
The sale will launch at noon on Wednesday, October 20th and will end at midnight on Sunday, October 24th. A new category of sales will launch each day!
The Gilt wedding event will be offering everything one could want for their special day, from dresses and accessories to deals off photographers, wedding planners and even honeymoons….all at prices up to 60%off retail! The contest will also commence on October 20th but will run until November 10th.
Day One: For the Bride and Groom
Key brands include: Alberta Ferretti, Vera Wang Collection, Tara Pearls, Hanky Panky
1. Runway Bride – multi vendor sale of white dresses and gowns
2. Diamonds and Pearls – multi vendor fine jewelry
3. Fashion Jewelry – multi vendor Costume jewelry for the bride
4. Bridal Accessories – multi vendor shoes, clutches, shawls, gloves
5. Bridal Trousseau – multi vendor lingerie
7. Groom and Groomsmen – multi vendor suits, ties, shoes, etc
Day Two: For the Bridal Party (This day the bridesmaids and accessories will be multi vendor and broken out by color story)
Key brands include: Badgley Mischka Collection, Vera Wang Bridesmaids, Two Birds
1. Reds, Corals and Pinks – bridesmaids dresses, clutches and jewelry
2. Blues and Greens – bridesmaids dresses, clutches and jewelry
3. Lilacs and Purples – bridesmaids dresses, clutches and jewelry
4. Gray, Black and Ivory – bridesmaids dresses, clutches and jewelry
5. Mother of the Bride – multi vendor sale
6. Flower Girls – multi vendor sale
7. Beauty – multi vendor sale
Day Three: Honeymoons and Experiences
Key brands include: Clean Program, Freshology, Completely Bare Salons
1. Jetsetter: Classic Honeymoon
2. Jetsetter: Dream Honeymoon
3. Jetsetter: Orient Express Train Trips
4. City: Restaurant Packages
5. City: Wedding Planners
6. City: Make up Artists
7. City: Wedding Cakes
8. Beauty: Freshology and Clean Program
9. Beauty: Completely Bare Salons
Day Four: Home and Registry
Key brands include: Steuben, Lagioule en Aubrac, Frette
1. China, Crystal and Stemware – multi vendor sale with L’Objet, Michael Aram and more
2. Candles – Lisa Carrier by D. L. and Co
3. Bedding by Frette