Tis the season to be merry as your social calendar fills up with festive events. Don your favorite winter wear and get ready for some fun with glamorous looks to suit every occasion, from brunch with girlfriends to elegant cocktail parties.
“The holidays are a fantastic time to amp up your makeup routine with cheerful hues, subtle shimmers and bold, beautiful eyes,” said Sam Chapman, who along with her sister Nic, runs UK’s No. 1 beauty YouTube channel, Pixiwoo.
To help bring your look together for the holidays, Sam and Nic Chapman have shared holiday looks inspired by two new holiday makeup brush sets from their Real Techniques collection. Perfect for any beauty guru, the Real Techniques Collector’s Edition: Deluxe Gift Set and Bold Metals Collection Essentials make transforming your holiday makeup look effortless.
“Whether a gift for you or a loved one, a brush set like the Deluxe Gift Set will make you feel like a makeup pro. From a flawless base to a smoky eye, this five-brush set has your holiday look covered, complete with two exclusive brushes, and a trendy white clutch for on-the-go,” said Nic Chapman. “The luxe Bold Metals Collection Essentials is another great way to give the gift of glam. For the first time, we’re bringing together three must-have brushes from the popular Bold Metals Collection, which will add a beautiful and enviable shine to any makeup bag.”
Try out these makeup looks to get into the holiday spirit.
Everyday glam makeup look
For girly gatherings, festive first dates and the legendary holiday office party, this look tastefully embraces the sparkle of the season using just three versatile makeup brushes.
1. After prepping skin, sweep your face with powder using the 103 Angled Powder Brush to flatten skin and set your face.
2. Using the same brush, work bronzer all around your face. To add a contour, pinch the brush and work it down your cheekbone, letting the brush do the work.
3. Brighten eyes and lift dark circles by applying concealer under the eyes and in the inner corners, also applying around the base of your nose to cover imperfections, using the 200 Oval Shadow Brush.
4. Flip the shadow brush to apply a pop of eye shadow over the eyelids for a subtle wash of color, and finish eyes with two coats of black mascara.
5. Use the 300 Tapered Blush Brush to apply blush to the apples of your cheeks.
6. With the same brush, layer highlighter on the top of the cheekbones for a slight glimmer.
7. Finish off the look with a light pink lip gloss.
Festive holiday party makeup look
From dinner parties with friends, to hitting the town to toast the New Year in style, only an ultra-glamorous holiday look will do.
1. Start with a tapered foundation brush to work primer into the skin.
2. Layer foundation over the top, working the product through the center of the face toward the jaw, making sure to also sweep under the eyes for a flawless base.
3. Apply eyelid primer using the base shadow brush, then set with a powder.
4. Next, run a gray shadow through the socket of the eye to create a soft shadow.
5. Dip the fine liner brush in gel liner for added definition. Use the side of the brush to draw a long, straight line and the tip of the brush to create a soft cat eye.
6. Complete your enhanced eye look with a sweep of black mascara.
7. For a pop of color, work blush across your cheeks using the multi task brush.
8. Using the angled highlighter brush, apply a cream highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones and under the brow bones.
9. Complete the look with a bold red or dark plum lipstick.
For more holiday look inspiration or to watch video tutorials on how to create these dazzling holiday looks, visit www.realtechniques.com.