Barcelona, 14 July 2022/ — Mango, one of Europe’s leading fashion groups, ends the first half of 2022 with positive figures. The company closed the first six months of the current financial year with a 24.8% growth in turnover. The company anticipates a year of record investments, with areas such as stores, technology and logistics as the key objectives to strengthen.
- Mango ended the first six months of 2022 with a turnover of 1,214 billion euros, 24.8% more than in the same period of the previous year, and exceeding sales recorded in the first half of 2019.
- The company ended the first half of the year with gross operating profit up compared to the same period in 2021.
- The first six months were marked by the company’s strong performance in key markets such as the Spain, France, the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy and India.
- The Barcelona-based group will accelerate its investment rate, expected to exceed 124 million euros in 2022 as a whole, almost three times more than in 2021. Technology, logistics, facilities and stores will account for the bulk of the investment effort for the whole year.
- The company continues to develop its ecosystem of channels and partners, with a firm commitment to online and sixty net openings by June.
- In the first half of the year, Mango followed its sustainable roadmap and, for the first time in its history, linked its debt to ESG criteria (environmental, social and good corporate governance).
In the first half of the year, Mango continued to make progress on its sustainable roadmap. The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), an entity driven by the United Nations Global Compact, validated last June that the group’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets are aligned with the level of ambition defined in the Paris Agreement.